APEDA Registration | APEDA Certificate | APEDA Online Registration | RCMC APEDA
Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is a government organization established in 1985 through an act that is agricultural processed food products export development authority act 1986.
The product specified under the Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) act is called schedule products and exporters of such product are required registered under (APEDA). It provides a guideline, information, financial assistance, towards the development of scheduled products.
Its objective is to promote schedule products export and to achieve these various functions has been undertaken by this body under the regulation of the central government. Central government lays down the rule and regulation and implements through this body for the efficient administration of Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) act.
Functions of APEDA (Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority)
• Registration of exporters of scheduled products.
• Setting the rule Terms and Values for the scheduled products.
• Promotion of export-oriented production and development of the scheduled product.
• Improves the packaging and marketing of scheduled products.
• Carrying inspection of product for the purpose of ensuring the quality of such a products.
• Training in various aspects of the industries connected with the scheduled products.
• Development of industries relating to scheduled products and under taking surveys, feasibility studies etc
Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) is mandated with the responsibility of export promotion and development of a scheduled product such as fruit, vegetable, meat, poultry products , Dairy Products, Confectionery, Biscuits, Bakery Products, Honey, Jaggery and Sugar Products, Cocoa products, chocolates, floriculture Products. Pickles, Papads and Chutneys etc
Registration Process for APEDA Certification (Agricultural & Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Certification)
For registration under APEDA, the applicant should submit the application form within 1 month from the date of undertaking the business. If the exporter of scheduled products fails to register within that time limit due to sufficient cause, such date can be extended only by the authority.
Advantages of APEDA Registration | APEDA Certificate
• With respect to the export of scheduled products, APEDA registration is mandatory.
• Exporters can avail the various financial assistance schemes of APEDA.
• It helps the exporters in brand publicity through advertisement, packaging development, database up-gradation and surveys etc
• Provides guidelines to exporters about the various products and countries for export
• Registered members can participate in training programmes organized by APEDA for various scheduled products and thereby improve their business.
Documents Required for APEDA Certification
• Copy of import-export code issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
• Bank Certificate duly signed by the authorities.
• If applicant firm is a Company then submit a self-attested copy of MOA & AOA; if the applicant is a Partnership firm then submit the self-attested copy of partnership deed, and if the applicant is registered as Society or Association then submit the AOA and MOA.
• Bank statement of the bank account of the firm (for the last 2months).
• Cancelled cheque.