DoT OSP License
OSP stands for Other Service Providers means a company is providing Services to Telecommunication Industry which uses telecom resources.
Any Company providing ‘Applications Services’ i.e. providing services like Tele-banking, Tele-medicine, Tele-education, Tele-trading, E-commerce, Call Centre, network operation centre and other IT Enabled Services, by using Telecom Resources provided by Authorized Telecom Service Providers shall obtain this license.
If you want to start a business for BPO in India, then you need to apply for the DoT and OSP license that is granted by the department of telecommunication.
DoT provides license for BPO, calls centers and allows these activities by assessing the infrastructure of non-telecom service provider.
The DOT OSP License is Location Specific, for every license a separate OSP License is required. After grant of the first license you can apply for another location as well.
General Terms And Conditions For OSP Registration
• Registration may be granted to any company to provide Application Services.
• The entities entitled for OSP registration must be a company registered under Indian Companies Act, 1956.
• A Company may apply for registration to the Authority in the pro-forma prescribed by the Authority from time to time. (List of authority’s annexure to the Application Form).
Documents Required to Apply For OSP Registration
• Certificate of Incorporation issued by Registrar of Company.
• Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA)
• Board of resolution or Power of Attorney authorizing the authorized signatory with attested signatures.
• Nature of business /activities of the proposed OSP
• Present shareholding pattern of the company indicating equity details
• List of Present Directors of the company with Name, Address
All the documents must be certified with seal by either by Company Secretary or one of the Directors of the Company or Statutory Auditors or Public Notary.
The validity of the License is 20 years from the date of issue¬¬¬- unless otherwise expressly mentioned on the registration letter. The OSP shall submit ‘Annual Return’ to the registering authority in the prescribed Performa within six months of completion of the financial year, indicating the details of the activities of the previous financial year and the status of their continuing the OSP operation. The operational OSPs shall be put in the Active OSP list. Those OSPs who are not submitting the annual return for consecutive three years shall be put in the dormant list and their registration will be cancelled after keeping them for two years in the dormant list. Such list would be made available on the DOT web site.
Validity of the OSP License?
From the date of Issue, OSP License is valid for 20 years, which can be extended upto 10 years each time it is renewed.
Can a single company obtain more than one registration?
Yes, the OSP can apply for another location providing the OSP License of the obtained location and a copy of incorporation of ROC, after successful receiving registration for one location.
Can a company transfer the OSP Registration?
The transfer of OSP License Registration from One Private Limited Company to another is prohibited by the DOT.