What is SPTI Registration?
STPI stands for Software Technology Parks of India. Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) has played a seminal role in accomplishing this status. Today, Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) across over the country are synonymous with excellent Infrastructure and Statutory support aimed at furthering growth of Information Technology in the country.
When it comes to the information technology sector, India is one of the leading countries. In India, STPIs likewise follow to ISO 9001 confirmation. The procedure the board of the STPIs depends on the Quality Management System.
Software Technology Parks of India is an Autonomous Society set up by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India in 1991, with the objective of encouraging, promoting and boosting the Software Exports from India.
Software Technology Parks of India maintains internal engineering resources to provide consulting, training and implementation services. Services cover Network Design, System Integration, Installation, Operations and maintenance of application networks and facilities in varied areas.
Service Charges for Certification of SOFTEX by STPI?
The Service charges for different export values are as mentioned below:
S No Export Turnover for the year Non-STP Units Annual Fee
1 Upto Rs.12.50 Lakhs 4,000.00
2 Above Rs.12.50 Lakhs Rs.25 Lakhs 8,000.00
3 Above Rs.25 Lakhs Rs.50 Lakhs 16,000.00
4 Above Rs. 50 Lakhs Rs. 3 Crore 55,000.00
5 Above Rs. 3 Crore Rs. 10 Crore 1,10,000.00
6 Above Rs.10 Crore Rs. 25 Crore 2,25,000.00
7 Above Rs.25 Crore Rs. 50 Crore 2,50,000.00
8 Above Rs. 50 Crore Rs. 100 Crore 3,50,000.00
9 Above Rs. 100 Crore Rs. 500 Crore 5,75,000.00
10 Above 500 Crore Rs. 1000 Crore 6,00,000.00
11 Above Rs. 1000 Crore Rs.6,50,000.00
Note: Applicable taxes at actual are extra
Registration under STPI as a NON-STPI unit is mandatory for any company who does IT/ITES exports through Data communication links.
Documents for Obtaining Permission of SOFTEX
• Name and Address of the Exporter.
• Letter of permission number and date.
• Name of authorized data com service provider.
• Import Export Code number.
• Software Export Declaration.
• Details of Export of Software during the period.
• Period of submission i.e. Month name.
• SOFTEX Number.
• Name of Client.
• Address of Client.
• Country of Export.
• Invoice Number.
• Invoice Date.
• Project Code or Contract or Agreement or PO & Date.
• Type of Software Exported.
• Invoice Currency
• Offshore Invoice Value.
Export of Software in Non-Physical Form
Authorized Dealers of the Exchange Control Manual (ECM) in terms of which export of computer software in non-physical form i.e. direct data transmission through dedicated earth stations/satellite links, should be declared on SOFTEX form, Keeping in view the developments in the field of software and information technology, it has been decided that, besides computer software, export of Video/TV software and all other types of software products/packages should also be declared on the SOFTEX form, which has been revised in consultation with the Department of Electronics (DOE), Government of India.
Valuation of Software Exports
The valuation of export declared on SOFTEX form will be done by the designated official/s of the DOE at the Software Technology Parks of India (STPI). The SOFTEX form of the exporters located outside STPI as also forms in respect of export of Video/TV software will also be certified by the designated official/s at the nearest STPI. DOE have made necessary arrangement for certification/valuation of the Video/TV Software declared on SOFTEX form with the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, once in a week at each STPI.
Disposal of SOFTEX
• After certifying all three copies of the SOFTEX forms the designated DOE official will forward the original directly to the nearest Office of the Exchange Control Department of Reserve Bank. The duplicate will be returned to the exporter and the DOE for their record will retain the triplicate.
• Within 21 days, from the date of certification of the SOFTEX form by DOE, the exporter should submit the duplicate copy together with a copy each of the supporting documents to the Authorized Dealer. The duplicate copy of the form together with documents will be retained by the Authorized dealer till full export proceeds have been realized and repatriated and thereafter will be submitted to Reserve Bank, duly certified under cover of an appropriate R Return along with a copy/copies of invoice/s.
• After the documents have been negotiated/sent for collection, authorized dealer should report the transaction to Reserve Bank in a fortnightly statement in form ENC under the cover of appropriate R Return. Entries in the ENC statement should be made in chronological order of the transactions as recorded in the internal register (Export Bills Register) of the authorized dealer.
• In respect of long duration contracts involving series of transmissions, the exporter should bill their overseas clients periodically, i.e. at least once a month, or on reaching the “Milestone” as provided in the contract entered into with the overseas client and the last invoice/bill should be raised not later than 15 days from the date of completion of the contract. It would be in order for the exporters to submit a combined SOFTEX form for all the invoices raised in a month on a particular client, including advance remittances received.
• In respect of contracts involving only ‘one-shot operations’, the invoice/bill should be raised within 15 days from the date of transmission.
• The exporter should submit SOFTEX form to the concerned official of Government of India at STPI for valuation/certification not later than 30 days from the date of invoice/date of the last invoice raised in a month, as indicated above.
• The invoices raised on overseas clients as at 1, 2 and 3 above will be subject to valuation by the officials of Government of India at STPI of export value declared on relative SOFTEX form and the consequent amendment made in the values, if necessary.