FSSAI FOOD LICENSE
Food safety and standards authority of India(FSSAI) is an autonomous and statuary body under Food safety and standards act,2006. FSSAI functions are administrative control by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Main objective of FSSAI FOOD LICENSE are following:
1. To facilitate food safety.
2. To regulate manufacture, storage, Distribution, Sale and import of food.
Food license carries a 14-digit registration number. Food license are done by Filingbazaar.com
TYPES OF FSSAI FOOD LICENSE:
FSSAI issues three types of license based on nature of food business and turnover
1. Basic License: – For turnover less than Rs.12 lakhs.
2. State License: – For turnover between Rs.12lakhs to Rs.20 Cr.
3. Central License: -For turnover above Rs.20 Cr.
WHO REQUIRED A FSSAI FOOD LICENSE:
1. License/Registration with FSSAI is mandatory for every Food Business Operator (FBO).
2. The person who is an importer has to apply for a central license at their address which has been
registered with DGFT while obtaining Import Export Code.
3. When Food Business Operator is operating more than two states, it must has to obtain one additional
central license or the Head office/Registered office and separate license for each location.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR FSSAI FOOD LICENSE
• Photo ID issued by Government authority.
• Address proof issued by Government authority.(Like-DL/Voter card/Aadhar card).
• Photo of FBO(Food business operator).
• List of Directors with full address and contact.
• Proof of possession of premises.
• Partnership Deed/Affidavit of Proprietorship/MOA& AOA.
• NOC & Copy of License firm manufacture
• Declaration Form.
• List of Food products.
• Blue Print of processing unit & Equipment/Machinery.
• For Transporter: Proof for Turnover or self-declaration of number of vehicles